LiveCloud Forums
User authentication: lost password function? - Printable Version

+- LiveCloud Forums (https://forums.livecloud.io)
+-- Forum: General (https://forums.livecloud.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting Started (https://forums.livecloud.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: User authentication: lost password function? (/showthread.php?tid=20)

Pages: 1 2

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - WhenInSpace - 06-20-2019

Any progress on this issue?

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - mark_talluto - 06-21-2019

Yes. We have reworked both Auth and User Account APIs. This is part of a larger update we plan to release next week.

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - WhenInSpace - 06-21-2019

OK, thanks, that's brilliant! I'm very much looking forward to that.

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - mark_talluto - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 07:47 PM)WhenInSpace Wrote: OK, thanks, that's brilliant! I'm very much looking forward to that.

I am pretty excited too. We are in need of these improvements as well. You helped me bubble it up to the top a little on the list of things we want to work on.

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - mark_talluto - 06-28-2019

I wanted to update you on the release of this update. We planned to have it ready today, but one of the developers wants to wait until Monday. We have a policy of not releasing updates on Fridays. If something goes wrong, we are not as equipped to handle it on a weekend. Please hold a little longer. Smile

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - WhenInSpace - 06-28-2019

(06-28-2019, 03:25 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: I wanted to update you on the release of this update. We planned to have it ready today, but one of the developers wants to wait until Monday. We have a policy of not releasing updates on Fridays. If something goes wrong, we are not as equipped to handle it on a weekend. Please hold a little longer. Smile

I support that policy!  Smile Looking forward to Monday.

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - mkakeshyft_tom - 12-02-2020

Hi Mark,

Could you please provide some more information about the forgot password functionality? Assuming I understood the thread correctly, I can't find anything in the API Docs.

Thanks,

Tom

RE: User authentication: lost password function? - efrain.c - 12-04-2020

Hi guys,

Here's a sample stack with the forgot password and change password functionality: canelasoftware.com/pub/livecloud_examples/main.livecode

There's a few requirements before you can start using it.

1. Create a new project in LCM
2. Copy the init code to the sample stack
3. replace tProjectName with the name of the new project (all the code is in the home card)

Clicking the "Forgot Password" label will show the "forgot password" ui
Clicking the "Send" button will send the user an email to verify they want to reset their password
Clicking the "Reset My Password" button in the email will send the user a second email with a new password
Clicking the "Login" button will attempt the auth the user. If successful, the "change password" ui will appear
Clicking the "OK" button will change the users password

Please note: user local data is encrypted using their password. If a user forgets their password and changes it, any local data they have will become inaccessible. We have been discussing ways to solve this. We will swing back around and fix this once we solidify our solution.

Let me know if you have any questions.