• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V2.3.8 & Android problem
Hi Efrain, any news regarding this bug?

Sorry for bothering you but has been a week and I'm waiting the fix in order to be able to upload the new version of my App to the stores.

Thanks
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
Hi Simon,

Sorry to keep you waiting.

We identified and fixed the issue for iOS. This issue was also affecting android so the fix will benefit both platforms. With this fix, iOS no longer hangs or crashes and android no longer hangs on cdb_auth.

On android, I can reach the answer cdb_result("response") line now but I get "Error: Cloud authentication - it appears we are offline". This is being caused by the get url issue I mentioned to you. Because of this, your app will always think its offline. I submitted a bug report to LiveCode, which can be seen here: https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22479

If all goes well, we hope to push out an update tomorrow. I appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. I will let you know as soon as we release this update.
(12-03-2019, 01:45 AM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Simon,

Sorry to keep you waiting.

We identified and fixed the issue for iOS. This issue was also affecting android so the fix will benefit both platforms. With this fix, iOS no longer hangs or crashes and android no longer hangs on cdb_auth.

On android, I can reach the answer cdb_result("response")  line now but I get "Error: Cloud authentication - it appears we are offline". This is being caused by the get url issue I mentioned to you. Because of this, your app will always think its offline. I submitted a bug report to LiveCode, which can be seen here: https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22479

If all goes well, we hope to push out an update tomorrow. I appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. I will let you know as soon as we release this update.
Hi Efrain, I'm assuming "...all didn't go well...", any update?
Hi Simon,

It took a bit longer than expected, but we just released the update. Give the new libraries a try and let us know if you run into any issues.
[attachment=43 Wrote:efrain.c pid='548' dateline='1575424567']Hi Simon,

It took a bit longer than expected, but we just released the update. Give the new libraries a try and let us know if you run into any issues.

Hi Efrain, after downloading the new release I can't login via LCM. See attached.

I wonder what kind of tests you perform before releasing a new version...

Notes:
- I tried several times with the same outcome
- I did reset my computer and started all over again with the same outcome
- I've included a screenshoot of my Internet speed test to make it clear that this shouldn't be the problem
- I'm available for a remote connection if you want to "see" what is going on with my environment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Efrain, now that the NY Server is back on line (with very poor perfomance for me) I was able to test on Android and the bug seems to be fixed.

Thanks