• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
appli deploy
this is a question about appli.io

if i want to deploy the app to android, what do I have to do? can appli directly build apk when i need it? do i have to use livecode for android build standalone?
Hi Prapro,

We are working on new forums for Appli. Coming soon. Smile

You have two options for building Android apps with Appli. We have a player in the Google Store that will allow your clients to use any of your apps made in Appli.
In the future, you will be able to bind your app to the player for single use. There will not be any branding from Appli. It will look like an app you made from anywhere else. You will need LiveCode to build the standalone.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Mark
i think appli is like nocode tool like thunkable , adalo or bravo. which does not require livecode. just create and the app is already available. no need to build apk with livecode. this could be a feature request. so no need livecode to build apk. because i have to pay for livecode and appli license separately
Appli's current form is similar to the tools you have listed. My comparison is cursory at best. But, here are the highlights as I see them.

Appli has an IDE similar to design tools like Adobe XD. We want designers to feel at home with our experience. LiveCloud is our built-in backend. There is no need to use an outside vendor for your data. Though, in the future, you will be able to do so. We want appli to be a one-stop-shop for all of your app-making needs. The appli output is a project that downloads from the cloud to a player already in the app stores. There is no need to have a developer account and deal with the challenges of certificates, code-signing, legal agreements, and such.

There is a lot of interest in making apps faster. This is visible with the number of low-code tools on the market. Each has its twist. Each is valid in its way.

Thunkable has a similar low-code model similar to Appli. Thunkable does native apps. Thunkable is probably the closest to the Appli paradigm compared to most of the other tools.

BravoStudio requires you to use Figma or Adobe XD to design your app. They also use AirTable to host the data. So, it would be best if you had both of those services and Bravo to make a complete experience.

Adalo is more template-based. You can put together common apps very quickly. But, you do not have fine control over the details like you do in Bravo or thunkable.