• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any way to change location once its set up?
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this and based in South Africa. 

Unfortunately I picked San Francisco as the location when I set up the livecloud account. Its really really slow and frustrating so I would like to change the location to LON1 (London UK) If there any way to do this without creating a totally new account? I just need a feature to transfer my account to the closer location...

According to most people in the DigitalOcean LON1 is the best option for us here in SA.

I wonder what the lag times would be for fellas in Austrailia?

Sid
I would like to change mine to London as well.
Hi,

We're working on a few features that will move your account from one region to another and give you more control when exporting/importing your data. At the moment you can still move your account using LCM, but it's a more manual process.

There are 2 cases when moving your account. Follow the steps that apply to you.

MOVE MY ACCOUNT AND DATA
If you want to move your account and data (projects, tables, records), follow these steps.

1. Create a new account in the region you want to move to

2. In your current account, click on a project you want to move (we'll call this the current project)

3. In your current project, export the tables you want to move by right-clicking on each in LCM and clicking "Export" (either JSON or CSV is ok)

4. In your new account, create a new project using the name of the current project (we'll call this the new project)

5. In your new project, create a new table for each exported table using the same name and keynames

6. Import each exported table by right-clicking on the table in LCM and clicking "Import" (this will import your records)

7. Repeat steps 2-6 for each project in your current account you want to move

8. Delete your current account (if you are a paying customer you will be prorated for the days you have used the service this month)

ONLY MOVE MY ACCOUNT (all data will be lost)
If you just want to move your account and don't care about the data in it, follow these steps.

1. Delete your current account (if you are a paying customer you will be prorated for the days you have used the service this month)

2. Create a new account in the region you want to move to

Hope this helps. If it's hard to follow, let us know and we'll upload a guide with images.