• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Add metadata when exporting table
(10-28-2019, 06:11 PM)clarencemartin Wrote: You may want to consider using the ExportToJson, it does include the values that you are looking for including the recordID information. I consider this information to be more complete.
CSV tables can be problematic and there are people that think that CSV tables can be very troublesome.
Look up Richard Gaskin's article "CSV's must die" or something like that.

Hi Clarence, many thanks for your suggestion and I agree that CSV is much weaker than Json but still there are situations (as is my case at the moment) where a simpler format is the way to go and I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to implement what I'm requesting. Besides Json exports one file per record while all records are exported in a single file when using CSV...so Json requires much more handling than CSV

I have seen that you are one of the most active member of this forum and would like to share with you my frustration with the long time Livecloud staff take to answer posts. Sometimes I feel like they don't even read the forum...

Best and thanks again for your suggestion
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: Add metadata when exporting table - by simon.schvartzman - 11-05-2019, 01:04 AM