• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cdb_sendEmail in the future
I received the following question via email. I am bringing it to the forums because we would like to hear your thoughts.

Quote:https://docs.livecloud.io/SendEmail/ 

Hello when I sent the mail it appeared in the spam folder and gmail told me that the email sent might be malicious. Is there  a way to prevent this or that is what will happen. 

We are using a 3rd party provider for the email feature. This is a problem for us as well. We have been working on our email reputation, but it is not perfect. We probably have to pay more money to get a dedicated IP for just our use. But, having everyone use this API will only put it at risk. It may be an API that we eventually have to remove from CanelaDB. It will not serve anyone for serious work.

But, we still have some potential value for everyone. We worked to wrap the SendGrid API for our email feature. We could have anyone that wants to get their own account and feed cdb_sendMail with your own SendGrid Authentication API key. Then, we could send the emails through your account and protect you from other users. That would be a better solution than what we have now.

This is not something we are going to work on just now. We thought it would be good to get people thinking about the direction options we can take on this API.

Messages In This Thread
cdb_sendEmail in the future - by mark_talluto - 04-10-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: cdb_sendEmail in the future - by sid - 04-12-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: cdb_sendEmail in the future - by mark_talluto - 04-13-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: cdb_sendEmail in the future - by sid - 04-13-2020, 08:10 PM