• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Web access
Hi, I haven't put my "keyboard" on Livecloud yet so maybe this is very basic/dumb question (sorry if it is):

What would be the "preferred" tool to access the DB from the WEB? Just to make myself clear let's say I have a mobile App posting data using Livecloud and I would like to have a WEB based platform for reporting and/orupdating  which way should I go?. I undertand I could use Livecode HTML version but that would imply in a significant investment. Are there any other (easy/ versatile, cheaper) options?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
This is a great question and I am sure it will be helpful for others as well.

We have a LiveCloud user currently using LiveCode server for web. This might be what you are looking for.
We can post a guide of how to use LiveCode Server with LiveCloud to get you started.
Hi Jason, many thanks for your prompt answer. A guide for such a solution would be great, looking forward for it.

Cheers
You are welcomed! We will be working on the guide and we should be able to release it in a few days.

Meanwhile, enjoy LiveCloud and go check out the new tutorial video when you get a chance.
(05-07-2019, 07:31 PM)jasonchan Wrote: You are welcomed! We will be working on the guide and we should be able to release it in a few days.

Meanwhile, enjoy LiveCloud and go check out the new tutorial video when you get a chance.

Hey Jason, can't find the "new tutorial video" can you share the link?

Thanks
https://forums.livecloud.io/showthread.php?tid=14
impressive!
(05-07-2019, 06:34 PM)jasonchan Wrote: This is a great question and I am sure it will be helpful for others as well.

We have a LiveCloud user currently using LiveCode server for web. This might be what you are looking for.
We can post a guide of how to use LiveCode Server with LiveCloud to get you started.

Hello! I had exactly this question too. But LiveCode server cannot be the only answer?
So, I decide to build my app in LiveCode, I put the data in LiveCloud, and all is fine. Then I want to use some of that data on my website (e.g. built with Wordpress). Can I fetch the LiveCloud data to my website, or is it locked-in in the LiveCode/LiveCloud universe?

LiveCode is my choice of development tool anyway, so I'll most likely go for the LiveCloud offer, because it seems very good. But doing so, I need to know what limitations to take into account.

/Andreas
WhenInSpace.com
(05-08-2019, 11:31 AM)WhenInSpace Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 06:34 PM)jasonchan Wrote: This is a great question and I am sure it will be helpful for others as well.

Hello! I had exactly this question too. But LiveCode server cannot be the only answer?
So, I decide to build my app in LiveCode, I put the data in LiveCloud, and all is fine. Then I want to use some of that data on my website (e.g. built with Wordpress). Can I fetch the LiveCloud data to my website, or is it locked-in in the LiveCode/LiveCloud universe?

LiveCode is my choice of development tool anyway, so I'll most likely go for the LiveCloud offer, because it seems very good. But doing so, I need to know what limitations to take into account.

/Andreas
WhenInSpace.com

LiveCode server is definitely not the only answer. We just have not had the chance to experiment in this area that much. If you don't want to use LiveCode server, you can probably write a LiveCode application to be the middle man between your website and LiveCloud.

LiveCloud currently can only communicate to LiveCode application but it is not impossible in the future to integrate with the outside world.
Some information about LiveCode Server
https://forums.livecloud.io/showthread.php?tid=16