• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Web access
While waiting for Jason's guide as I'm still confused about how to use Livecloud + Livecode server (and as I don't fully trust my written english skills) I decided to draw the "big picture" of what I'm looking for. Please see the picture below and help me understand the bolt and nuts involved...

Many thanks
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
(05-13-2019, 10:08 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: While waiting for Jason's guide as I'm still confused about how to use Livecloud + Livecode server (and as I don't fully trust my written english skills) I decided to draw the "big picture" of what I'm looking for. Please see the picture below and help me understand the bolt and nuts involved...

Many thanks

https://forums.livecloud.io/showthread.php?tid=16
We have some information about LiveCloud and LiveCode Server.

From my understanding, LiveCode Server will be your server and the web based dashboard. It will handle the communication with LiveCloud and create the web pages you need. In your picture, the web pages won't talk to LiveCloud but to LiveCode Server which generates html for the web.
So basically if I understand it correctly, is that one needs a LiveCode generated app on Android or iOS to acces one data on LiveCloud.
(05-24-2019, 06:20 PM)Peter Wrote: So  basically if I understand it correctly, is that one needs a LiveCode generated app on Android or iOS to acces one data on LiveCloud.

This is correct. You can build a native mobile app (ios/android) and deploy with the LiveCode libraries included. Your app will be able to fully communicate with LiveCloud without the need of any side technologies.

If you want to have a true web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc) communicate with your LiveCloud data, then you will need to consider using middleware technology like LiveCode Server. 

Alternatively, we are interested in REST support in the future. We will discuss this further this week.

-Mark
(05-07-2019, 07:31 PM)jasonchan Wrote: You are welcomed! We will be working on the guide and we should be able to release it in a few days.

Meanwhile, enjoy LiveCloud and go check out the new tutorial video when you get a chance.

HI Jason, now that the California conference is over (I watched the great demo you made there) when do you think you can release the guide showing how LiveCloud and LC Server can interact?

I was hoping to find the answer watching the conference presentation but I didn't...

Regards
(06-01-2019, 01:18 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:31 PM)jasonchan Wrote: You are welcomed! We will be working on the guide and we should be able to release it in a few days.

Meanwhile, enjoy LiveCloud and go check out the new tutorial video when you get a chance.

HI Jason, now that the California conference is over (I watched the great demo you made there) when do you think you can release the guide showing how LiveCloud and LC Server can interact?

I was hoping to find the answer watching the conference presentation but I didn't...

Regards

From my understanding, you can follow the guide we posted in the other thread and your LC Server can directly calls LiveCloud APIs. Those APIs should give you result back for you to generate HTML files using LC Server.

I personally is not the most familiar with LC Server. LiveCode have some tutorials about it. You can try setting it up and follow our guide to put the necessary libraries in for your server to talk to LiveCloud.
https://livecode.com/resources/guides/server/
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/2571/l/565...ode-server

We might be able to make a tutorial of how to set it up on a hosted service.
(06-04-2019, 07:37 PM)jasonchan Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 01:18 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote:

Regards

From my understanding, you can follow the guide we posted in the other thread and your LC Server can directly calls LiveCloud APIs. Those APIs should give you result back for you to generate HTML files using LC Server.

I personally is not the most familiar with LC Server. LiveCode have some tutorials about it. You can try setting it up and follow our guide to put the necessary libraries in for your server to talk to LiveCloud.
https://livecode.com/resources/guides/server/
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/2571/l/565...ode-server

We might be able to make a tutorial of how to set it up on a hosted service.
Hi Jason, I asked about it because you said "...we should be able to release it in a few days..." before and now you say it again "We might be able to make a tutorial of how to set it up on a hosted service." and I guess it will really add value to Livecloud offer. 
Looking forward for it! 
Regards