• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candela sdk missing
Hi all
Just starting with livecloud. I have tried various methods based on the docs and I have also used the crud sample stack but I cannot get livecloud and LiveCode to talk. I just keep getting the candela sdk missing please export again. One thing I have noticed is that the api and data folders are not exported?
This is so frustrating
(10-11-2019, 10:58 AM)paddy.healy@gmail.com Wrote: Hi all
Just starting with livecloud. I have tried various methods based on the docs and I have also used the crud sample stack but I cannot get livecloud and LiveCode to talk. I just keep getting the candela sdk missing please export again. One thing I have noticed is that the api and data folders are not exported?
This is so frustrating

Hi Paddy.Healy,

Welcome to LiveCloud. The reason for getting the error is that the libraries are not being exported or they are not being placed in the correct place.

If the export is the problem, we may be running into an OS security dialog being missed. On Mac, you may get something like I am posting in this response. Windows 10 did not provide me any dialog to allow the export to take place.

If the export is not the problem, then it may be the placement of the export. When you export using 'Create Project' as your method, you get the following:
1. A folder titled with the project's name
2. An already placed CanelaDB folder, pre-made LiveCode stack with initialization code in place, and font for passwords. You run the 'login.livecode' stack, and everything works.

If you do the export using 'Export Toolkit' as your method, you get the following:
1. 'CanelaDB' folder placed where you want. You should place it in the same folder as your mainstack. Please see the screenshot labeled 'Basic Test Stack' for reference.
2. You are also presented with the 'Initialization Script'. This needs to be copied to your clipboard and pasted into your LiveCode stack. This code loads the libraries for your project.

My next training video will detail both of these processes.

I would start with the 'Create Project' method for all new development. Use the 'Export Toolkit' method only to update your project with the latest libraries.

The 'Create Project' method also comes with the login code needed to do cloud work. It handles all of your authentication calls. You just need to tell the pre-made code what to do when auth is successful. Example: go next card. The code will bring up an answer dialog telling you which line of the code you should visit to add your 'go next card' script. This will be covered in the next video, as well.

Please write back if you get stuck. Feel free to send us your project if you need someone here to look at it.

-Mark Talluto

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[attachment=35 Wrote:mark_talluto pid='447' dateline='1570809280']
(10-11-2019, 10:58 AM)paddy.healy@gmail.com Wrote: Hi all
This is so frustrating

Hi Paddy.Healy,

Welcome to LiveCloud. The reason for getting the error is that the libraries are not being exported or they are not being placed in the correct place.

If the export is the problem, we may be running into an OS security dialog being missed. On Mac, you may get something like I am posting in this response. Windows 10 did not provide me any dialog to allow the export to take place.

If the export is not the problem, then it may be the placement of the export. When you export using 'Create Project' as your method, you get the following:
1. A folder titled with the project's name
2. An already placed CanelaDB folder, pre-made LiveCode stack with initialization code in place, and font for passwords. You run the 'login.livecode' stack, and everything works.

If you do the export using 'Export Toolkit' as your method, you get the following:
1. 'CanelaDB' folder placed where you want. You should place it in the same folder as your mainstack. Please see the screenshot labeled 'Basic Test Stack' for reference.
2. You are also presented with the 'Initialization Script'. This needs to be copied to your clipboard and pasted into your LiveCode stack. This code loads the libraries for your project.

My next training video will detail both of these processes.

I would start with the 'Create Project' method for all new development. Use the 'Export Toolkit' method only to update your project with the latest libraries.

The 'Create Project' method also comes with the login code needed to do cloud work. It handles all of your authentication calls. You just need to tell the pre-made code what to do when auth is successful. Example: go next card. The code will bring up an answer dialog telling you which line of the code you should visit to add your 'go next card' script. This will be covered in the next video, as well.

Please write back if you get stuck. Feel free to send us your project if you need someone here to look at it.

-Mark Talluto

Hi Mark

Thanks very much for the welcome and the very comprehensive reply. Okay so in case it was an OS security issue I am running livecloud as admin, i deleted my original project and started from afresh. I just used the create project dialog. When it is created I open the 'login.livecode' stack but immediately i get the error, "the canelaDB sdk is missing. Please export your canelaDB sdk again".

.zip   uCore_EWS.zip (Size: 543.24 KB / Downloads: 1)

.zip   screengrabs.zip (Size: 818.88 KB / Downloads: 1)

Thanks again and looking forward to your response

Regards

Paddy
Hi Paddy,

Thank you for the screenshots. The LiveCloud libraries will not run on the Community Edition of LiveCode. The libraries are encrypted. Thus, they require an Indy or Business license to use.

I am sorry for the confusion this has generated. LiveCode provides a trial version of Indy. If you want to give your app a spin and see what CanelaDB and LiveCloud can do, this is a great way to get started.

https://livecode.com/trial/

-Mark
Thanks Mark
That’s a shame if I had of know I would’ve bought the offer of Indy license with 12 month rain subscription. Is there anyway you could make that offer available again?

Regards
(10-14-2019, 09:11 PM)paddy.healy@gmail.com Wrote: Thanks Mark
That’s a shame if I had of know I would’ve bought the offer of Indy license with 12 month rain subscription. Is there anyway you could make that offer available again?

Regards

Hi Paddy,

You would have to ask LiveCode that very question. It was something they put together. We were just a small part of the overall commitment. BTW, all the proceeds went to LiveCode.

The main difference, aside from encrypted stacks, is that we take full advantage of tsNet. This allows us to get a measurable speed boost on doing async network transactions.

Are you interested in trying LiveCode's trial? Does their offer look compelling enough to download it? I like to think we were a part of its existence.

As another option. I have an unused business license you may use for a few months. We have done this a few times in the past. This would give you some time to play around. All you have to do is send me the email to your LiveCode account. I would then activate the license in your email. Done!

-Mark
I ran into a similar problem where Export Toolkit would only create a "database" folder and NONE of the files needed for a project. Hopefully my experience will help someone else.

A working project just stopped working at the "start using script" portion of the initializeCanelaDB script. I checked the permissions (macOS 10.15.6) and added Finder access, then restarted LiveCloud, but Export Toolkit and Create Project didn't create the full CanelaDB folder.

After about an hour of frustration, I deleted LiveCloud completely then downloaded a fresh copy (which is still not notarized). I was forced to allow Finder access when I first tried to Export Toolkit, but is now working as expected after updating the CDB_Starter.lib hash in my script.
Hi MWCM,

We will release a notarized version of LCM this week. Thank you for your report.

-Mark