• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recurring errors messages about cdbCache, user authentication etc
Hello!

I'm getting error messages that seem strange. I started getting them in a stack I've been working on, but then I tried one of your sample stacks and got the same errors, so this bug report is for your sample stack "Contacts".

So, I created the project "Contacts" by using your sample project creator function in LCM. Out of the box, with no modifications at all, this is what I get in msg box when I open the stack:

Code:
(2019-06-08 18:40:50.780): The provided query is searching a key (api) which does not exist in this table (cdbCache).
(2019-06-08 18:40:50.780): There is a problem with one or more queries' construction; please check the request and try again.
(2019-06-08 18:40:51.519): No internet available at this time.

The user authentication then also fails.
It happens every time I open the stack first time. Internet availability is NOT the problem, I'm very sure of that.

If I run "preOpenCard" in msg to initialize anew, the two first lines about cdbCache and query construction reappear, but this time user authentication works.

Why is this happening?

I'm using LC 9.0.3/9.0.4 Business, macOS 10.14.5
Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience. The fix for this should be live now.
It should work again after re-exporting the toolkit.
Please let us know if it works or not.
(06-10-2019, 06:47 PM)jasonchan Wrote: Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience. The fix for this should be live now.
It should work again after re-exporting the toolkit.
Please let us know if it works or not.

Thanks! Yes, after restarting LCM and then re-exporting toolkit, the first two error messages are gone.

Still I get "(2019-06-10 21:55:07.841): No internet available at this time." at first preOpenStack run (in the LiveCode IDE). The universal account is not auth:ed (I've put the code for that in preOpenStack, after initializeCanelaDB). After triggering preOpenCard again it works, no error messages.

However, in a standalone build (Mac) the preOpenStack error does not occur. There it all works fine. 
In the end, that's more important, but it's always worrying when things don't work in development, even if they do work in the standalone...
I just added more details on the generic error report: No internet available at this time

This will help everyone better understand where the disconnect from the internet took place. This particular error is related to CanelaDB believing that your internet connection is broken at the moment. The IDE and the standalone should behave the same. If you come up with more details on how to recreate this, please let us know.
(06-12-2019, 03:00 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: I just added more details on the generic error report: No internet available at this time

This will help everyone better understand where the disconnect from the internet took place. This particular error is related to CanelaDB believing that your internet connection is broken at the moment. The IDE and the standalone should behave the same. If you come up with more details on how to recreate this, please let us know.

Today things seem to work well, also in the IDE. I can no longer reproduce the problem. So, as far as I can see at the moment, all bugs/problems I reported in this thread have been solved.