• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Verification
Hi Guys,

It seems the verification emails are not coming through.

I have tPreVerify set to false
The user is created successfully
but no verification email comes in (using default template for now)
Its not in the spam folder, and I've waited several minutes.

I will carry on, please let me know whats going on with this.

Besides this, so far so good.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-24-2020, 07:41 PM)mkakeshyft_tom Wrote: Hi Guys,

It seems the verification emails are not coming through.

I have tPreVerify set to false
The user is created successfully
but no verification email comes in (using default template for now)
Its not in the spam folder, and I've waited several minutes.

I will carry on, please let me know whats going on with this.

Besides this, so far so good.

Hi Tom,

We have some things to check out here. I just wanted you to know that this is being looked at. Efrain will probably be the one that reports back on this today.
Awesome....thanks!
Hi mkakeshyft_tom,

I was not able to make the verification email fail. It might be an issue with your config file. Can you try putting a get cdb_sdk(pProjectName) before the cdb_createUserAccount? If it still doesn't work, you can email me (support@canelasoftware.com) the projectID of the project and I can check some things server-side.
I have the same problem. Old app, new app. No email verification arrives.
Which region are each of you on?
(01-31-2020, 05:20 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Which region are each of you on?

UK
Hi, OK, so now it works again. 

And finally e-mail template change also works! At least for the new test project I just made.

What's not working still is the landing page? I can see that the landing page link I "uploaded" from "manage emails" appears in the verification link in the verification email like:

https://www.lon2.cassiadb.com/version_.3...&token=ed2...[lots of stuff]...g5&c=test&lp=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mylandingpage.com

However the field "lp=" doesn't seem to have any effect at all. And I tried to change the value in different ways without success.

I suppose that "lp" field should change the "BACK TO" button link?  

Br /John
(01-27-2020, 07:36 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi mkakeshyft_tom,

I was not able to make the verification email fail. It might be an issue with your config file. Can you try putting a get cdb_sdk(pProjectName) before the cdb_createUserAccount? If it still doesn't work, you can email me (support@canelasoftware.com) the projectID of the project and I can check some things server-side.

Hi Efrain,

So when I add a call to the sdk I get a "handler not found"

screens attached.  without the sdk line, the account is successful but still no verification email.

(02-02-2020, 08:11 PM)mkakeshyft_tom Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 07:36 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi mkakeshyft_tom,

Hi Efrain,

So when I add a call to the sdk I get a "handler not found"

screens attached.  without the sdk line, the account is successful but still no verification email.

ok, so when I put "get"  infront of the SDK command it works....

but still no email.  I will message support

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-02-2020, 07:02 PM)Bizbuzz Wrote: Hi, OK, so now it works again. 

And finally e-mail template change also works! At least for the new test project I just made.

What's not working still is the landing page? I can see that the landing page link I "uploaded" from "manage emails" appears in the verification link in the verification email like:

https://www.lon2.cassiadb.com/version_.3...&token=ed2...[lots of stuff]...g5&c=test&lp=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mylandingpage.com

However the field "lp=" doesn't seem to have any effect at all. And I tried to change the value in different ways without success.

I suppose that "lp" field should change the "BACK TO" button link?  

Br /John

Hi again,

I just wanted to add that new e-mail template does not work for my old project where I really need it...

Should I try to clone the project in LiveCloud manager ?