• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie advice
(08-23-2020, 08:21 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: For most apps, I would suggest storing data locally and syncing it up as you need. For maximum efficiency, you might sync only the records that have been touched by your software.

Dear Mark, thank you for the advice - i just couldn't see how to do this automatically. 
I can see how to create 'local' records - but what is the process to sync these to a 'cloud' target?  
Is there a wholesale/automatic way of updating the cloud db from the local db?

(08-23-2020, 08:21 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: Tip: To determine which records have been touched requires running a query on your local metaData. Query the cdbDateModifed key. Have it return the cdbRecordIDs vs. the whole record. Then sync only those records with the cloud. *Use LCM to write the query code for you.

Good tip, thank you.

(08-23-2020, 08:21 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: Cloud performance directly correlates to geography and network conditions. Try to pick the region closest to you.

Yes i figured that - I am in London and am connecting to the London server... but performance isn't what i expected if I'm honest. I just wonder if it's something I'm not doing right on my end... (but I've basically tested this on unmodified sample apps on a fast Mac with fast connection, so it's not the set up on my end...). Or perhaps it's a side effect of the free tier which i'm currently testing.

I realise it's a lot of effort and cost, but some more tutorials or videos showing these techniques would be really helpful...

(08-23-2020, 10:57 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: Your next successful attempt to make a cloud transaction will flush your cache first to maintain order of operations.

Ah ok - having to successfully make a cloud transaction to flush the cache is what threw me. 

Is there a best practice for this? Perhaps something in an 'on idle' handler?

Messages In This Thread
newbie advice - by stamatis - 08-23-2020, 02:34 AM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-23-2020, 08:21 PM
RE: newbie advice - by stamatis - 08-24-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-23-2020, 10:57 PM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-24-2020, 11:08 PM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-24-2020, 11:10 PM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-24-2020, 11:15 PM