• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
standalone not logging in...
(10-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Hendricus Wrote: I am having the same issues when using LiveCode 9.6.3 with android. But when trying with LiveCode 9.6.5 (rc 1) it doesn't even get to the cdb_auth in my login script. I get an error trying to start up when testing the app on my android phone connected via USB.

Quote:We encountered an error while initializing CanelaDB: 573,33,1,tsNetLibUrlReuseConnection
253,33,1241,30,1,libraryStack
353,0,0,stack "/data/app/~~6iGhweJfYfAE3UYYJfopSw==/com.dricus.jobstarpro-7iYWRkhHuLf3no--Zbyzeg==/base.apk/CanelaDB/libraries/CDB_Starter.lib"

Am I overlooking anything? Any hints and tips are welcome.

Hi Hendricus,

I think going with LC 9.6.5, and newer is required when doing Android builds. 

Did you include tsNet in your inclusions in the standalone builder?
Like stamatis:

I've made sure all external files for the app and livecloud's required libraries are included.
In particular: Internet, tsNet, mergJSON, SSL & Encryption, as well as the app's CanelaDB toolkit folder are definitely included

I have tested with the latest version LiveCode 9.6.5 RC-1, and just about to start a field test with the app I built, but I am stuck for android now.
Yep, 9.6.3 will not work with LiveCloud thank to the changes on the SSL certs we use. 9.6.5 is the only working version for Android apps.
Are you by chance using the trial version of 9.6.5? There is a bug in LC where it generates standalones that do not work.
If it is not a trial, which tier on the new pricing page are you on? Maybe there are other bugs related to different tiers that may be breaking your app.

Ok. Let's run these LiveCode numerical errors through the paces.

573,33,1,tsNetLibUrlReuseConnection
-573 means "Handler: can't find handler" (This would indicate tsNet is not loaded. That handler is in the tsNet library. We are dead in the water at this point).

-253 means "if-then: error in statement" (This is because the tsNet call above is wrapped in an if-then).

353,0,0,stack "/data/app/~~6iGhweJfYfAE3UYYJfopSw==/com.dricus.jobstarpro-7iYWRkhHuLf3no--Zbyzeg==/base.apk/CanelaDB/libraries/CDB_Starter.lib"
-353 means "Object Name:" (This one is less helpful since it did not return any practical value. Since these fired in order, I can ascertain that CanelaDB can not proceed without tsNet in place.)

Here are some facts:
1. You properly setup your initializeCanelaDB code. You would not be able to get this error otherwise.
2. tsNet is not working as expected. It may not be initializing in time to be used. We have a wait 0 at the top of the initializeCanelaDB code to buy the engine time to init is internals.
3. You successfully made an APK for Android and have it running based on your last error code.
4. I am not sure if your tried loading your database before making any cdb calls. cdb_loadTable() - (https://docs.livecloud.io/LoadTable/)

These are my initial thoughts. I am sorry it is not a clear cut answer. If you can get back to me on my questions, we may be able to boil this down a bit. I can tell you that we have working Android APKs that we build once or twice a week here working perfectly well. Knowing this inspires me to get to the bottom of this.
(10-13-2021, 11:32 PM)mark_talluto Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Hendricus Wrote: I am having the same issues when using LiveCode 9.6.3 with android. But when trying with LiveCode 9.6.5 (rc 1) it doesn't even get to the cdb_auth in my login script. I get an error trying to start up when testing the app on my android phone connected via USB.

Quote:We encountered an error while initializing CanelaDB: 573,33,1,tsNetLibUrlReuseConnection

Hi Hendricus,

(10-14-2021, 04:57 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: Yep, 9.6.3 will not work with LiveCloud thank to the changes on the SSL certs we use. 9.6.5 is the only working version for Android apps.
Are you by chance using the trial version of 9.6.5? There is a bug in LC where it generates standalones that do not work.
If it is not a trial, which tier on the new pricing page are you on? Maybe there are other bugs related to different tiers that may be breaking your app.

Ok. Let's run these LiveCode numerical errors through the paces.

573,33,1,tsNetLibUrlReuseConnection
-573 means "Handler: can't find handler" (This would indicate tsNet is not loaded. That handler is in the tsNet library. We are dead in the water at this point).

-253 means "if-then: error in statement" (This is because the tsNet call above is wrapped in an if-then).

-353 means "Object Name:" (This one is less helpful since it did not return any practical value. Since these fired in order, I can ascertain that CanelaDB can not proceed without tsNet in place.)

Here are some facts:
1. You properly setup your initializeCanelaDB code. You would not be able to get this error otherwise.
2. tsNet is not working as expected. It may not be initializing in time to be used. We have a wait 0 at the top of the initializeCanelaDB code to buy the engine time to init is internals.
3. You successfully made an APK for Android and have it running based on your last error code.
4. I am not sure if your tried loading your database before making any cdb calls. cdb_loadTable() - (https://docs.livecloud.io/LoadTable/)

These are my initial thoughts. I am sorry it is not a clear cut answer. If you can get back to me on my questions, we may be able to boil this down a bit. I can tell you that we have working Android APKs that we build once or twice a week here working perfectly well. Knowing this inspires me to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you Mark. I have only tried using LiveCode 9.6.5 RC-1 on my Windows laptop as I do Android testing there. I have activated the LiveCode IDE using an Indy license. I just installed the same version on my MacOS system (Catalina) and testing it on the Simulator (iPhone 8 - 14.4) I get the very same initializing CanelaDB error message, so it is not Android specific then. To answer point 4: I have the initializeCanelaDB script copied into my main stack which is called from the preOpenStack. The error appears before my login card opens. The cdb_loadTable is called after a user has submitted his email and password and the cab_auth was successful.

on preOpenStack
// Use LiveCloud
If the owner of the target is me then initializeCanelaDB

// Mobile settings
if the environment is "mobile" then
mobileSetKeyboardDisplay "pan"
set the fullscreenmode of me to "exactFit"
set the acceleratedrendering of me to true
end if

Perhaps worth mentioning, that after the error message is dismissed the login card is shown, but fields are not scaled to fit the screen it this point (as it does when using LiveCode 9.6.3).
Hi Hendricus,

Your desktop LiveCloud error is different from your LiveCode tsNet error.

Your app is calling the initializeCanelaDB handler as it should. But, your path to the libraries is not correct. The supplied pathing code assumes the location of your CanelaDB folder. If your folder is not where we guessed, you need to update the pathing code. To solve the problem, try dropping a breakpoint in your init code to determine if the supplied pathing code needs to be modified.

Once you change the code a bit, your libraries will load correctly. I do not have much to offer in regards to the fullscreenmodes for mobile devices. I have not used that feature in any of our work. There is a forum post about this topic on the LiveCode Forums here:  https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.ph...16#p209616

-Mark

Hi Hendricus,

(10-15-2021, 06:22 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: Hi Hendricus,

Your desktop LiveCloud error is different from your LiveCode tsNet error.

Your app is calling the initializeCanelaDB handler as it should. But, your path to the libraries is not correct. The supplied pathing code assumes the location of your CanelaDB folder. If your folder is not where we guessed, you need to update the pathing code. To solve the problem, try dropping a breakpoint in your init code to determine if the supplied pathing code needs to be modified.

Once you change the code a bit, your libraries will load correctly. I do not have much to offer in regards to the fullscreenmodes for mobile devices. I have not used that feature in any of our work. There is a forum post about this topic on the LiveCode Forums here:  https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.ph...16#p209616

-Mark

Hi Mark,

I have narrowed it down to the bit below:

Code:
--START CanelaDB
  csi_verifyLibraries tLibraryPath

try
     start using stack (tLibraryPath & "CDB_Header.lib")
     answer "breakpoint 1" with "OK"
     start using stack (tLibraryPath & "CDB_Starter.lib")
     answer "breakpoint 2" with "OK"

catch tError
     answer "We encountered an error while initializing CanelaDB:" && tError
     exit to top
  end try

When executing this with LiveCode 9.6.3 all runs fine on the iOS Simulator. I get passed breakpoint 2 and the login card is rendered perfectly, so the pathing works fine and the CDB_Starter.lib is used fine under LiveCode 9.6.3. 

But when executing this with LiveCode 9.6.5 RC-1 it does reach breakpoint 1 (so the pathing seems to be fine still), but it doesn't get to breakpoint 2. It throws the error I reported earlier. So, somehow CDB_Starter.lib goes wrong with this latest LiveCode version.
Try outputting your tLibraryPath variable. Feel free to post it here.
You could also copy the path of the CanelaDB folder and post it as well.
We can compare the two and see if something is not right. We will get to the bottom of this for sure.

To be clear, your 9.6.3 test is running on the same computer as the 9.6.5 test?

Hi Hendricus,

(10-16-2021, 12:07 AM)mark_talluto Wrote: Try outputting your tLibraryPath variable. Feel free to post it here.
You could also copy the path of the CanelaDB folder and post it as well.
We can compare the two and see if something is not right. We will get to the bottom of this for sure.

To be clear, your 9.6.3 test is running on the same computer as the 9.6.5 test?

I am using the a MacMini for both tests. See attached screenshots of the simulator, where I have added the tLibraryPath to be displayed with the breakpoints. The CanelaDB folder with the three subfolders is copied from the project folder as specified in the standalone settings (CanelaDB/*).

Attached Files
.png   Test-LiveCode-965-login.png (Size: 49.72 KB / Downloads: 1)
.png   Test-LiveCode-965-error.png (Size: 273.44 KB / Downloads: 2)
.png   Test-LiveCode-965-breakpoint1.png (Size: 201.77 KB / Downloads: 2)
.png   Test-LiveCode-963-breakpoint1.png (Size: 201.12 KB / Downloads: 1)
.png   Test-LiveCode-963-breakpoint2.png (Size: 201.35 KB / Downloads: 1)
I found that the initialisation problem also exists when using LiveCode 9.6.4 (so not just with version 9.6.5 RC-1). This was when I just created a new project after defining some tables with LiveCloud Manager, then creating the project, and opening it with LiveCode and trying to run it on my USB connected Android mobile. This newly created project starts fine when testing for iOS from LiveCode 9.6.3 though.

Next I tried with the Restaurant example, generated from scratch on Windows, testing with my connected Android phone. Also tried this generated project on MacOS, testing with the simulator. Exactly the same problem with both tests there too (LiveCode 9.6.4 and 9.6.5), looking at tError in the generated initializeCanelaDB code. Again, it works fine under LiveCode 9.6.3.

From all this I am afraid I can only conclude that at present CDB_Starter.lib doesn't run at all under mobile (both Android and iOS) for LiveCode 9.6.4 and later   Sad . Please tell me that this is going to be resolved.
We have working apps for Android, using LiveCloud, running on LiveCode 9.6.5 in use today. I can set up a support session where a developer from our team will look at your screen and walk you through the setup. If this works for you, send a quick email (support@canelasoftware.com) with two days and times where we can reach you. At the moment, we are not charging fees for this level of support. Our normal hours of operation are M-F 8a-6p.