• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notepad Example (Questions)
Quote:We are considering moving the code from the behavior to the card. We are also thinking of putting a button on the example that will open the script editor to the code for you. Thoughts?

A good example should demonstrate as many critical functions as possible. Creating a great example will significantly decrease support requests AND user dropouts. Think about it.

Your NurseNotes app makes you one of the top LiveCode users, but the LiveCode community likes explicit examples. For instance, back in 2011 I wrote this example app to demonstrate the most critical SQLite functions. Two things that make this example app stand out is its ability to generate test data AND most importantly how to place database data into a LiveCode Grid. Getting CanelaDB data into the Data Grid is the MOST important aspect of all. Anyone who's using a database is going to want to display their data using the Data Grid. Here. Have a look, this is what I did. It would be nice to have something like this for CanelaDB. But also, you'll want to include a couple of extra buttons: one to select local or remote data, the other to sync data.

This would absolutely give all your users a big running head start. Plus it would be nice to show off at the conference.

CRUD SQLite example
[Image: file.php?id=5744]
PS: I haven't looked at that v5.0 example in a long time. If there are any problems or if for some reason it does not run right in LiveCode v9, let me know and I'll fix it. I probably wouldn't take that much work to update this example, replacing the SQLite code with CanelaDB code.

Messages In This Thread
Notepad Example (Questions) - by Paul - 04-25-2019, 11:34 PM
RE: Notepad Example (Questions) - by Linda Lu - 04-26-2019, 12:24 AM
RE: Notepad Example (Questions) - by Paul - 04-26-2019, 01:37 AM
RE: Notepad Example (Questions) - by mark_talluto - 04-26-2019, 05:07 AM
RE: Notepad Example (Questions) - by mark_talluto - 04-26-2019, 06:24 PM
RE: Notepad Example (Questions) - by Paul - 04-26-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Notepad Example (Questions) - by mark_talluto - 04-26-2019, 11:30 PM