• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey?
Hi All,

since upgrading to MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey, i've been unable to run LiveCloudManager - it hangs on every single startup.
I've already reached out to Mark and the Canela team, but apparently no one has reported issues.

Is anyone running LCM on Monterey? (i.e. is it just me!?)

Many thanks
Stam
Further to this, others have confirmed the same issue.
From the LC forum:

Quote:I can confirm this issue with the LiveCloud Manager app on Monterey - it launches, SpiceKit says its downloading stuff, and then it hangs.

In the system log I get lots of:
Code:
default    12:00:32.336637+0000    kernel    ASP: Library load (/private/var/tmp/ffi7u9CRh) rejected: library load disallowed by system policy
error    12:00:32.336584+0000    syspolicyd    Disallowing load of <private> in 36442, <private>
error    12:00:32.337040+0000    syspolicyd    Unable (errno: 2) to read file at <private> for process path: <private> library path: <private>

I'm guessing it is unpacking a shared library to somewhere which Monterey does not let you load from...

Hopefully the Mark and the team can sort out soon...
Stam
Hi Stam,

We're investigating this issue, but it may take some time to fix. We'll let you know once we have an update on this issue.

(11-09-2021, 06:57 PM)stamatis Wrote: Further to this, others have confirmed the same issue.
From the LC forum:

Quote:I can confirm this issue with the LiveCloud Manager app on Monterey - it launches, SpiceKit says its downloading stuff, and then it hangs.

In the system log I get lots of:
Code:
default    12:00:32.336637+0000    kernel    ASP: Library load (/private/var/tmp/ffi7u9CRh) rejected: library load disallowed by system policy
error    12:00:32.336584+0000    syspolicyd    Disallowing load of <private> in 36442, <private>
error    12:00:32.337040+0000    syspolicyd    Unable (errno: 2) to read file at <private> for process path: <private> library path: <private>

I'm guessing it is unpacking a shared library to somewhere which Monterey does not let you load from...

Hopefully the Mark and the team can sort out soon...
Stam
I am downloading Monterey right now. It is showing 3 hours remaining. I'll work on tracking down the issue once I have a test environment set up.
I have a test engine I would like you and anyone that is interested to try. In my tests, this allowed LCM to load fully on macOS 12.0.1.

http://www.livecloud.io/pub/test/LiveClo...er.app.zip

Please let me know how it goes. I'll leave this test engine in place until we can confirm it solves the problem for you Stam.
Works perfectly - thanks Mark.
The previously noted hang on startup no longer occurs; i can log in normally and perform normal tasks...
Very much appreciated!
Stam

--- edit ---
I'm not sure this was the case before, but all of my Appli projects are also showing up in LCM, is that intended?

--- edit 2 ---
the issue i had previous reported (and sent a video of) with the header decorations going into an extremely fast oscillation and freezing LCM for a few seconds seems to have exacerbated, happening more frequently and lasting longer. Not a showstopper as such as it always resolves. I'm guessing that's going to be more difficult to address?
Hi Stam,

Thank you for testing the new engine. We will work to formally pushing an engine for everyone.

Re: edit
Yes, Appli is currently using your LiveCloud account during the beta.

Re: edit 2
I really want to rewrite LCM in Appli. It would solve a bunch of our UI related issues. That unfortunately is not something we can to this year. I think we need to redesign that element to be better. Would you please send me a link to the video? I would like to refresh my memory on the issue.
(11-11-2021, 01:38 AM)mark_talluto Wrote: Would you please send me a link to the video? I would like to refresh my memory on the issue.

Hi Mark

The issue can be triggered by entering the header field, usually over current icon displayed. This is not always reproducible, but if you enter the header field enough times you will definitely trigger this.
Essentially you get the sortDirection icons between to adjacent header fields oscillating wildly and freezing LCM for some seconds.
This has been an issue since MacOS Mojave and has been unchanged by upgrades to Big Sur and now Monterey... although empirically this seems to happen more readily and for a bit longer on Monterey.

I've taken a short video with my phone (excuse the shakiness!) to illustrate it - while the icon is oscillating, LCM is unresponsive. This has been an issue since i started using LCM pretty much...

I've uploaded the video to mediaFire in a number of formats:
.mov
.mp4
.wmv

Let me know if you meed more info,
Stam
Hi Stam,

We are having a look at this UI bug. You will hear back from someone on the team soon.

-Mark
Hi Stam,

Thank you for the bug report and the video. I'm currently looking into this and trying to reproduce it. I'll report back once I learn more.

- Efrain