• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immutable columns in user table?
Question 
Hello Canela team,

I would like to know which of the columns in the user table are immutable and will never ever change under any circumstance.

Thanks,

Tom
Hi Tom,

All of the columns that come with the table when the project is created will never change. I believe that are immutable, by design. You can try to delete or rename any of the standard columns to verify. It would be a bug if you are able to modify the standard columns.

You are free to add your own columns to the table as you like.

-Mark
(02-02-2022, 01:46 AM)mark_talluto Wrote: Hi Tom,

All of the columns that come with the table when the project is created will never change. I believe that are immutable, by design. You can try to delete or rename any of the standard columns to verify. It would be a bug if you are able to modify the standard columns.

You are free to add your own columns to the table as you like.

-Mark

Thanks Mark, but my language was not clear, I meant which column 'values' are immutable.

After testing in the LIVECLOUD client (should have done that first), the hardwareID column can be changed as well as the standard columns.

So it seems the immutable column values are the cdbRrecordID,projectID and teamID columns only.

Thanks again,

Tom
(02-02-2022, 03:21 PM)mkakeshyft_tom Wrote: Thanks Mark, but my language was not clear, I meant which column 'values' are immutable.

After testing in the LIVECLOUD client (should have done that first), the hardwareID column can be changed as well as the standard columns.

So it seems the immutable column values are the cdbRrecordID,projectID and teamID columns only.

Thanks again,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry about that. I misunderstood. I see that you are referring to the values of the hard-coded columns. You are right that the cdb* columns are immutable. The other columns are designed to have their values adjusted.

HardwareID is not a proper fingerprint of the hardware. It is soft in that the client could delete the file that maintains the value easily enough. It is reliable enough that most users will probably not search it out. If they do, the system will generate a new ID on the fly. If you want a firmer fingerprint, you could develop a system and store the value in a new column. We have such a system in our SpiceKit framework. But, we are not able to provide that feature at this time.

The other keys are free to update as well. Your clients might want to update their profile with new information, fixed mistakes, and so on. 

Clearly, these features are only possible if your software provides an interface to adjust any of the values.

-Mark