• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLOBs - not possible to add filename/metadata?
Hi Mark and Team
I was wondering if I could have some guidance on to how to use the BLOBs function.

I can upload all the BLOBs I want - but the database does not seem contain any reference to the file name or allow embedding any metadata relating what the BLOB is.  So all I can access is a bunch of BLOBs with a cdbRecordID and type, but nothing else, which means there is no way to search for the BLOBs that are relevant to a particular operation.

In my specific use case, I want to upload 10 medical cases that contain 10 videos each. No problem at all uploading them all as BLOBs (as a sidenote, the upload seems to be deferred to the background as a non-blocking action, is there a callback option to notify completion?).
The question is: How am I meant to know which BLOB is which video? The only way I can see is to keep a separate database linking the cdbRecordID to a specific case, which introduces an unnecessary level of complexity. The key HBID seems pointless as it only contains boilerplate text. 

I would have thought that since the file name is passed as part of the create blob process this should be a key in the cdbBlobs table... or am I missing something?
How is this envisioned to be used in cases where batch uploads are performed as a standalone step?

Seems likely I'm missing something, so really grateful for guidance on this
Many thanks
Stam