• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with cdb_sync - What is the local table?
(09-10-2020, 06:02 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Yes, it's only possible to create databases in the cloud but records can be created locally or in the cloud. cdb_sync and cdb_batchSync are used to sync records between local and cloud. If you use cdb_create and pass "local" to it, the record will be created on the device. You can then use cdb_sync to upload this record to the cloud.

The location needs to be writable to create local records.

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "maintaining" a local database?

Thank you efrain.c - the question was basically summarised in your last two sentences. If the /Applications folder is not writeable then a local DB cannot be used - the app would need to be stored elsewhere, which is not desirable. Or use a cloud based DB, but that would require internet access.

This is different from other solutions where i can for example create and maintain a SQLite file in the user's Documents folder which is always writeable (and by maintain i mean performing CRUD operations, if that wasn't clear).

I'm basically asking if the LiveCloud database can be saved in a writeable location separate from the app?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with cdb_sync - What is the local table? - by stamatis - 09-20-2020, 02:15 AM