• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both Universal and User Accounts
(07-20-2020, 07:54 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Pebah,

Have you considered solving this with your data model instead?

The universal account can be replaced by a table. You can have a "universal" table that will store the text and other data the users will see.

The user account can be managed by the cdbUsers table. You can added keys to the users table for the user's personal data, like a "bookmarks" key. After a user signs in, you can use function cdb_readUsersByEmail(pEmail) to get their user record and access their personal data from there.

- Efrain

I didn't give you enough info. The universal data would be updated very often, so it cannot be in a table that is part of a user's account--if that is what you are suggesting.

I guess that what I'm not understanding is how to manage these two streams of data (universal and user) at the same time. Can that be done? I'm a neophyte with databases, and relatively unexperienced with LiveCloud's authorization methods.

When a user turns a page in the book, he will see the page filled with data from the universal account, and some data from his own account. So, both accounts are in use--how is this done with LiveCloud?

Messages In This Thread
Both Universal and User Accounts - by Pebah - 07-20-2020, 04:20 AM
RE: Both Universal and User Accounts - by Pebah - 07-20-2020, 08:57 PM