• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LiveCloud standalone issues...
Hi Mark and team
Some quick questions on a liveCloud-enabled standalone:

I had only included mergJSON with initial builds (as per the website). This seemed to fail, and resolved when i included the standard JSON library as well. Are both required or is this a coincidence?

To ensure connectivity with liveCloud include the ‘canelaDB’ folder as an in the standalone settings ‘copy files’ section (ie should be available in specialFolderPath("resources"). On first run, this folder is copied to the user’s Documents folder (writeable location), along with he mainstack that is launched form the splash stack.
However when building a mac app, the locked libraries are causing the standalone build to fail with the error ‘cannot open output files’ or some such. I can work around this by removing the the CanelaDB folder from the ‘Copy Files’ section of the standalone settings, build the app and then manually copy this to <show app package contents>/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/
Is there a better way to do this?

On running a the same standalone on Mac and Windows, it works fine on Mac, but on Windows it crashes - after some head scratching it seems that the checksum library checks on Mac work fine but throw an error on Windows. I’ve worked around this by commenting out the checksum library checks - the app works beutifully and will be used in a very trusted environment so that’s fine, but it’s obviously not desirable otherwise.
Can multiple checksums be correct (ie should i have checksum that works for both mac and win, unlike the one i have now that only works for mac)? Or do i need to derive a Windows checksum and include a platform check in the library checks?

Many thanks as always
Stam

Messages In This Thread
LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-26-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-27-2021, 11:11 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-29-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-30-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-31-2021, 10:56 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 08-01-2021, 02:12 PM