• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LiveCloud standalone issues...
Hi Mark,

Quote:The reason i even tried to add the locked files manually *after* the build is that i saw a post somewhere describing difficulties with locked files in this respect. 
I usually add my files and folders manually. I use this method out of a matter of preference more than anything else.

Quote:It should be noted however that the Windows build is uneventful - it's just building for Big Sur that causes this problem for me. It's fine, just seems inelegant. But if you are able to build for Big Sur and including a folder containing the CanelaDB folder in the 'copy files' section please do let me know. (Mac OS 11.5, LC 9.6.2).
I tried building both Mac and Win from Catalina. The first time I tried, I got an error. I redid the reference to the canelaDB folder in the standalone builder, and it worked for the next six tries. 

The apps ran on Mac and Windows without errors.

I tried the same thing on Big Sur. 
The standalone and the app running in the IDE ran without throwing any errors.

In all of my tests, I used the output CanelaDB folder that comes from LCM's ExportToolKit feature. I did not modify the initializeCanelaDB code in any way.

All of this testing has reminded me our easy it used to be to develop for Mac. It has gotten more complex in the name of security. I'll save that rant for another time.

Quote:---- EDIT -----
I did go back and look at the checksums again; On Mac these but both CDB_Starter.lib and CDB_Header.lib pass the checksum test just fine.
On Windows, with identical lib files the check on CDB_Header.lib throws the error "Error, CDB_Header checksum did not match."
The checksums i derived are now identical to ones provided in stack script in the 'export toolkit' screen. 
When i get a chance I'll download the lib files again and see if replacing them makes any difference...
If your LCM is outputting libraries and init code that does not jive, let us know. I did my tests with a shipping version of LCM. The issue could be that LCM is not updated to the current release. Would you mind sending me your LCM log file for review? You can find the log in the SpiceKit folder of your LCM installation.

Messages In This Thread
LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-26-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-27-2021, 11:11 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by mark_talluto - 07-29-2021, 01:14 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-29-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-30-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-31-2021, 10:56 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 08-01-2021, 02:12 PM