• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LiveCloud standalone issues...
Thanks as always Mark,
I've encountered a further issue which i'm struggling to understand on MacOS and hope you and the team may have some insight...

I now build the app just fine; if i run the app, my software firewall throws a warning this is not codesigned software. But it all works just fine.
Now if i upload to a server and re-download, i get an unbeatable error from MacOS/Gatekeeper saying the 'app is damaged' and offers to 'move this to the bin'.
I presume this is because it's not codesigned/notarised.

So i ventured into the murky world of codeSigning, notarising and stapling the app. Life is too short, so I used the stack mrSignNotarizeHelperV3.livecode that is available from the liveCode lesson on the subject -- promises to make it so much easier.

CodeSigning, Notarisation and Stapling are done just fine - Apple sends me a message it's all successful etc.

However, I now get an error that the libraries couldn't be decrypted. I rebuilt the app and made a copy of it, so i had an untouched app as well as an app to codeSign, notarize and stable. Again that process is fine, but i get the same error, where the untouched app that hasn't been codeSigned works just fine.

Looking at app-bundle/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/CanelaDB/config/config, the config file is actually changed from the untouched to the stapled app. 
I don't understand how or why?

Any insights?
Stam

Messages In This Thread
LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-26-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-27-2021, 11:11 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-29-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-30-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 07-31-2021, 10:56 AM
RE: LiveCloud standalone issues... - by stamatis - 08-01-2021, 02:12 PM