• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SImple Stand-Alone Applicatiopn with a Local Only DataBase
(09-08-2020, 06:02 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi stamatis,

Internet access is only required if there is no local data.

A user's email and password are used to encrypt their local data. Local data is separated by user emails. Calling cdb_auth will attempt to use the given credentials to decrypt a local file in the user's space. Being able to decrypt the files means the user has been authenticated.

If there is no internet and there is no local data then a user cannot be authenticated.

If there is internet but no local data, passing cloud authentication also grants local authentication. A user will have to create local data in this state before they can authenticate subsequent times without internet.

Thank you again efrain.c...
To be honest, this became more obvious from your other reply regarding local databases.

I think many coming to this may, like myself, have the mindset of using SQL or Filemaker data stores where it's possible to have an entirely local solution or a networked solution.

For me, what wasn't entirely clear was that in liveCloud you can only create a cloud database - this can be synced to a local DB, but in effect it's a cloud based and not a local solution. Once i got this clear in my head, all of the above makes absolute sense...

Messages In This Thread
RE: SImple Stand-Alone Applicatiopn with a Local Only DataBase - by stamatis - 09-09-2020, 12:17 AM