• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cdb_Update for numeric and calculated data
Hi Guys

I have a question regarding cloud updates to records with NUMBERS  or Currency figures (well-all are numbers)in them:

for example , l'm doing stock control and I need to update 2 records , onHand and grossProfit (these are keys on the cloud database

so , as I understand it, you have to get the original key value for the above and store them into local variables and then do the calculation, for example, initially theres a 100 in onHand and $1000 in Gross profit. You sold 10 and made a buck on each thingummy you sold. so the calc is simple  and your updated values are 90 in onHand and $1010 in grossProfit.

Imagine that there are 2 users hitting the same record in the scenario, one of them is offline ..What happens then?
one guys sells the 10 , but the offline guy sells 50, so the correct values when the offline guy comes online and the cloud databases sync should be 40 in onHand and $1060 in grossProfit. It becomes more syncfusing if there are more people hitting that calculated key and a few of them are offline.

will it sync correctly, ie parse and do the calculations correctly ? (remember there are local variables involved) 

Correct me if this already exists , but ideally this should be a query operator update , meaning you minus 10 from the existing cloud value rather than overwriting the value .

cdb_updateValue(tTable,tRecordID,tKey,tOperator,tValue,tTarget) into tCalcEffect

cdb_updateValue("transactions",tRecordID,"onHand","-","10","cloud") into tCalcEffect

this be a very important feature. Does it exist? Or do you have to handle calculated syncs by writing code?

For anyone else reading this:

I forgot to say that the above command does not exit vis, cdb_updateValue.

I just used it as an example of how i think this should be handled, It will should also only work on numeric values for obvious reasons,

Messages In This Thread
cdb_Update for numeric and calculated data - by sid - 02-20-2020, 02:39 PM