• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie advice
Hi Stamatis,

First of all, welcome to the LiveCloud forums. I am happy to answer your questions.

1. To use the local, cloud, or a combination of both is a question that depends on the type of app you want to make. The system is very flexible. So you have many options.

For most apps, I would suggest storing data locally and syncing it up as you need. For maximum efficiency, you might sync only the records that have been touched by your software.

Tip: To determine which records have been touched requires running a query on your local metaData. Query the cdbDateModifed key. Have it return the cdbRecordIDs vs. the whole record. Then sync only those records with the cloud. *Use LCM to write the query code for you.

2. Yes, in the first part of the question. Cloud performance directly correlates to geography and network conditions. Try to pick the region closest to you. We would love to be able to put regions in every part of the world. It is one of our goals to build them out wherever our customers are. We do have two new regions being considered before the end of the year (Germany and Singapore).

3. Local access will always be faster than cloud access based on some of the conditions I presented above. Where are you based, and which region did you select?

Messages In This Thread
newbie advice - by stamatis - 08-23-2020, 02:34 AM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-23-2020, 08:21 PM
RE: newbie advice - by stamatis - 08-24-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-23-2020, 10:57 PM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-24-2020, 11:08 PM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-24-2020, 11:10 PM
RE: newbie advice - by mark_talluto - 08-24-2020, 11:15 PM