• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
batchSync
Your thoughts on working with local data or not are dependent on your needs. This topic brings up the question of data-modeling and its importance.

The work begins with how to structure your tables. There are opportunities for optimization from this phase of database development. I cannot make any assertions on what we should do in your case without more details.

The value of holding local data can be performance-related, data availability when there is no connection or lost connection support.

It complicates things because it generates data inconsistency. There are considerations like, are other people in need of your new data, potential collisions, how often we need to bring back consistency, and many other thoughts.

Data modeling is time-consuming to get right. I liken it to writing code. You might need to go back and rethink it throughout the life cycle of your service.

I realize that none of this helps you directly. I am merely affirming that your consideration to move to cloud-only may make sense.

This forum is for everyone's benefit. The topics you have brought up are valuable to all. Please keep them coming.

Messages In This Thread
batchSync - by stamatis - 01-07-2021, 07:00 PM
RE: batchSync - by mark_talluto - 01-07-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: batchSync - by stamatis - 02-08-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: batchSync - by mark_talluto - 02-10-2021, 10:52 PM
RE: batchSync - by mark_talluto - 02-11-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: batchSync - by stamatis - 02-12-2021, 02:26 AM