• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with CSV import
Hi Mark,
Sorry for the delay in responding - i had to act on this data and have processed it perfectly within a FileMaker Pro database instead, so this fell by the way side a bit.
Would be keen to see this work in LiveCloud though, so following this up.

The initial dataset had something like 127,000 rows; none of them imported correctly. These import correctly in any spreadsheet app (tested in MS Excel on Win/Mac and in Numbers on Mac). 
I extracted the first 10 records and anonymised them (medical record numbers and names are substituted as mrn# and name#) - with this small number the import still failed terribly, creating 51 records instead of 10, misaligning data with keys, many stray quotes etc.

I'm not sure if i followed the correct process, but what i did was:
1. Created a new table
2. Copied the column names from the spreadsheet and paste them into the key creation dialog, replicating the spreadsheet names and order
3. right-clicked on table and selected 'import" -> "csv" 
4. fail...

I attach the test csv file including the first 10 records exported from a hospital system as is, other than the hospital number/name substitutions as above.
To see what it should look like, open it in any spreadsheet app.

Hope this helps improve the CSV importer; sadly many hospital systems are fairly old and painfully can only export reliably in CSV (forget tab-separated and don't even mention JSON...), so from my point off view would be good to see this improved on...

Best regards
Stam

Messages In This Thread
Issues with CSV import - by stamatis - 01-22-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: Issues with CSV import - by mark_talluto - 01-22-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: Issues with CSV import - by stamatis - 02-08-2021, 12:15 AM
RE: Issues with CSV import - by mark_talluto - 02-16-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Issues with CSV import - by stamatis - 02-17-2021, 09:45 AM