• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LiveCloudManager: How to retrieve/download a picture ?
Using LiveCloud Manager I can easily see and/or export the  "standard" records but I can't find the way to do the same with the blob records. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
If you specify a key to be a hyperblob key when you create it, you can do some operations on them in LCM. That way, you can download the blob by double clicking the cell that contains a blob.
Hi Jason, thanks for your answer.

Looking at the Restaurants Sample, if I double click on the cdbRecordID key of the cdbBlobs table a pop up Windows gives me 4 options:

"Cancel" "Create" "Update Blob", "Delete"

can't find how to see/download the picture. What am I doing wrong?
When you create a table, you can set a key to be a hyperblob key. This way, you can use the feature in the table itself in LCM by clicking it.
We can extend this feature to cdbBlobs tables in LCM.
(07-02-2019, 07:42 PM)jasonchan Wrote: When you create a table, you can set a key to be a hyperblob key. This way, you can use the feature in the table itself in LCM by clicking it.
We can extend this feature to cdbBlobs tables in LCM.

Just to confirm I'm getting it right. A key can only be set to be a hyperblob when the table is created, meaning after creating the table it can't be edited  to redefine one of its key to become a hyperblob?

Another question: has LCM any way do download/export all the blob records similar to the CSV export functionality for non blob keys? (would be very useful)
Correct, currently you can only set a key to hyperblob when the table is created but it is a trivial task on our end to create an API to redefine a key to hyperblob.
This is a good idea to let LCM download all blobs. We will keep that in mind.
Hi Jason, can you give a complete example on how to upload a blob to a key what was created as an hyperblob key as you suggested?

Moreover I'd appreciate if you share an example on an Android environment.

Many thanks in advance
Hi Simon,

The current libraries available do no support uploading a blob to a hyperblob key, this can only be done through LCM at the moment. The good news is the next libraries being released already support this. Once the new libraries are released, you can upload a blob to a hyperblob key as follows:

local tPath, tInputA, tRecordID

put "/Users/efrain/Desktop/IMG_1804.JPG" into tPath
put "Grand Canyon" into tInputA["name"]
put tPath into tInputA["image"] --this is my hyperblob key

put cdb_create(tInputA, "testTable", "cloud") into tRecordID
Thanks Efrain, clear now.

What a pity I waste so much time trying to make it work after Jason's answer a couple of weeks ago.

Regards
The fix for it is out. You can now use the code Efrain showed to update a hyperblob key.