• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LiveCloudManager: How to retrieve/download a picture ?
Sorry for coming back to this but it seem I'm too dum to find the answer myself.

How can I download a single blob file from the cdbBlobs table in the LCM?

Thanks
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
(08-15-2019, 05:48 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: Sorry for coming back to this but it seem I'm too dum to find the answer myself.

Thanks

Hi Simon,

I pushed an update that will allow you to download blobs from the cdbBlobs table in 3 different ways.

1. You can right click on the row containing your blob and select Blobs/Download
2. You can double click on a row containing your blob and select download
3. You can view a blob in the blob viewer and select the 'download' button in the viewer.

All three options will ask you where you want to store the downloaded blob and name it by it recordID.
(08-16-2019, 01:31 AM)mark_talluto Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 05:48 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: Sorry for coming back to this but it seem I'm too dum to find the answer myself.

Thanks

Hi Simon,

I pushed an update that will allow you to download blobs from the cdbBlobs table in 3 different ways.

1. You can right click on the row containing your blob and select Blobs/Download
2. You can double click on a row containing your blob and select download
3. You can view a blob in the blob viewer and select the 'download' button in the viewer.

All three options will ask you where you want to store the downloaded blob and name it by it recordID.
Hi Mark, this is great many thanks for the update, I guess it is a useful new feature for LCM.

All 3 three options work. 

Funny thing is that if I download the same file several times, the downloaded file size increases by aprox 600k on each download. Not sure if it is a LC, LCM or Mac behaviour...

Regards
This is the strangest thing. I think I have a fix to the problem. If it all goes well, I will push an update today.
(08-16-2019, 08:30 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: This is the strangest thing. I think I have a fix to the problem. If it all goes well, I will push an update today.

The relevant code that has changed looks like this:

--NEW METHOD: COPY FILE
set the itemDel to slash
put slash & the last item of tOutput after tPath
revCopyFile tOutput, tPath

--OLD METHOD: COPY FILE
open file tOutput for binary read
read from file tOutput at 1 until EOF
put getFormat(it) into tFormat
put tPath & "/" & pBlobID & "." & toLower(tFormat) into tPath
put it into url("binfile:" & tPath)

The new method preserves the file size and passes along the meta data and color profile for the image.
(08-16-2019, 09:57 PM)mark_talluto Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 08:30 PM)mark_talluto Wrote: This is the strangest thing. I think I have a fix to the problem. If it all goes well, I will push an update today.

The relevant code that has changed looks like this:

--NEW METHOD: COPY FILE
set the itemDel to slash
put slash & the last item of tOutput after tPath
revCopyFile tOutput, tPath

--OLD METHOD: COPY FILE
open file tOutput for binary read
read from file tOutput at 1 until EOF
put getFormat(it) into tFormat
put tPath & "/" & pBlobID & "." & toLower(tFormat) into tPath
put it into url("binfile:" & tPath)

The new method preserves the file size and passes along the meta data and color profile for the image.
Thanks Mark, working fine now.

Cheers!