• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Add metadata when exporting table
Hi developers, as far as I can see when I export a table to csv the metadata is not included (even if it the "show meta data" check box is checked) and therefore I loose the record creation date which in my case is needed.

Can this feature be added?

Thanks
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
Any hope to get an answer from Livecloud staff?
You may want to consider using the ExportToJson, it does include the values that you are looking for including the recordID information. I consider this information to be more complete.
CSV tables can be problematic and there are people that think that CSV tables can be very troublesome.
Look up Richard Gaskin's article "CSV's must die" or something like that.
(10-28-2019, 06:11 PM)clarencemartin Wrote: You may want to consider using the ExportToJson, it does include the values that you are looking for including the recordID information. I consider this information to be more complete.
CSV tables can be problematic and there are people that think that CSV tables can be very troublesome.
Look up Richard Gaskin's article "CSV's must die" or something like that.

Hi Clarence, many thanks for your suggestion and I agree that CSV is much weaker than Json but still there are situations (as is my case at the moment) where a simpler format is the way to go and I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to implement what I'm requesting. Besides Json exports one file per record while all records are exported in a single file when using CSV...so Json requires much more handling than CSV

I have seen that you are one of the most active member of this forum and would like to share with you my frustration with the long time Livecloud staff take to answer posts. Sometimes I feel like they don't even read the forum...

Best and thanks again for your suggestion
I have been following LiveCloud for quite a while. For me, it provides a great database for my development needs. I am a believer in having a cloud-based database. This system provides the ability to have data that is local to the device you are using and then syncing up to the cloud. I am sure that you are aware of this capability. It is where and how data should be used - in my opinion.
Please be patient with the support that Canela gives, they do look at the forums and try to address the client's needs. I can't say that I know how busy they are but they will respond to your questions and comments. It sometimes takes a little while. -Hang in there. I have met with their team and I am really impressed with their work and work ethics.
(10-18-2019, 09:25 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: Hi developers, as far as I can see when I export a table to csv the metadata is not included (even if it the "show meta data" check box is checked) and therefore I loose the record creation date which in my case is needed.

Thanks

The CSV format is not well suited for multidimensional arrays. JSON, as suggested by Clarence, is the best option for exporting data. One thing we could do is make it possible to support a single document export per table in JSON.

We are close to pushing another library update. I could add this in before the next update goes out. Let me know if this works for you.
(10-28-2019, 03:12 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: Any hope to get an answer from Livecloud staff?

Sorry for the late reply. We try to keep up with the forum posts. In the last two weeks, we have done some critical work on CanelaDB. I think everyone will find the update to be valuable to their projects. We are close to pushing this.

We should be able to resume normal operations in the forums. We appreciate the community helping each other for things that can be answered by others. Special thanks to Clarence for responding to Simon.

Our community has grown quite a bit. As people become more comfortable with CanelaDB and LiveCloud, I am sure we will see others here. We desire for these forums to be a friendly place for everyone to talk and help each other. The Canela Team always tries to respond to forum posts between heavy development cycles. Keep up the good work, everyone!
(11-06-2019, 08:39 PM)mark_talluto Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:25 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: Hi developers, as far as I can see when I export a table to csv the metadata is not included (even if it the "show meta data" check box is checked) and therefore I loose the record creation date which in my case is needed.

Thanks

The CSV format is not well suited for multidimensional arrays. JSON, as suggested by Clarence, is the best option for exporting data. One thing we could do is make it possible to support a single document export per table in JSON.

We are close to pushing another library update. I could add this in before the next update goes out. Let me know if this works for you.

Hi Mark, your approach will be helpful. Thanks
(11-07-2019, 12:54 PM)simon.schvartzman Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 08:39 PM)mark_talluto Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Mark, your approach will be helpful. Thanks
I am on it.