• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still not able to read Blob img or pdf
I Just loaded the most recent update to LiveCloud, I really appreciate the speed of your response to our bug declarations.

At the moment My setup for programming my project is:

MACOS  HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6
LIVECODE VERSION  9.5-RC-1 Business Edition
DaTagrid Helper 2 version 2.5.1
LIVECLOUD Version 2.2.5 (05/19/2019) latest update

I use the Sync command to make sure that the same info is on the hardware and cliud.
I use this code:

get cdb_sync("*","cdbBlobs","cloud",true,false)
   get cdb_sync("*","Subject","cloud",true,false)

I tested both cloud and local use by replacing the word cloud by local and the image was displayed properly for both  Wink
I use an image field to display the image

local tOutput   
   put cdb_readBlob("5499a868-8036-4a8e-a003-54c1ffed4ab8","cloud","MIXKIT_BETA_01") into tOutput
   set the filename of image "imgLogo" to  tOutput
 local tOutput

I tested both cloud and local use by replacing the word cloud by local and the PDF was displayed properly for both  Wink
I use a browser widget to display the PDF
I use the Replace code because without it the PDF could not display

put cdb_readBlob("e71307fa-fa1a-4930-986d-a6e0790bbc5c","local","MIXKIT_BETA_01") into tOutput
   replace " " with "%20" in tOutput -- code based on script used with revbrowser 
   replace "|" with "%7C" in tOutput -- code based on script used with revbrowser 
   set the URL of widget "pdfBrowser" to tOutput

I tested on the following system:

MAC OS : Everything work ok

iPhone IOS : Both image and PDF work OK, but I got no display a couple of times, Then I noticed that if I Sync before I displaying Image or PDF they work the first time form the local and cloud database.
I use 4 different images and DF and I notices sometime a delay between displaying a different choice. 

Android : The images display properly from local and cloud database.
I can not get the Browser Widget to work properly on Android,
I tested with a separate link to an PDF document on one of my web server and could not get it to display.
So I have to investigate if the Browser Widget need more code or something else to work on Android.

Windows : For a reason I dont understand The generated Windows App (exe) could not open on a Windows Version 10 Laptop.
A previous version that do not use LiveCloud works fine on the same Laptop.

I will keep you posted with my effort to have everything working on all 4 systems....

I look forward to the LiveCloud presentation tomorrow on the Livecode Event.

Merci to Jamil and the LiveCloud team for the fast support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still not able to read Blob img or pdf - by Jamil Semaan - 05-17-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: Still not able to read Blob img or pdf - by Jean2080 - 05-21-2019, 01:15 AM