• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Verson" 2.2.8 woudn't let me login
Dear team, after this update the LCM is complete inoperative (at least to me):

Please see screen shoot attached

- When I open LCM I see the login screen with jason's email & sometimes the message "The CanelaDB is missing..."
- the password is shown in spite of how the "show password" checkbox is set
- it doesn't recognise my email as a valid user account (neither can't I validate my password nor can reset it)

Note1: I downloaded a fresh new LCM and nothing
Note2: I tried to create a new free account and wasn't able to do so, there was no response from the system regarding why it was not created...

It has been really very frustrating to work with this product, I sincerely hope it starts to do better in the near future. I'm starting to wonder if it was a good move to pay for the full year in advance

p.s.: here goes my weekend when I was expecting to do some progress with my project using LiveCloud

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
Hi Simon,

We tried fresh new installs on both Macs and Windows and we are not getting this issues.
It looks to me that your LCM did not get all the necessary updates.
Can you go to the folder location -> spicekit -> log and send the log to us?
(07-20-2019, 11:43 PM)jasonchan Wrote: Hi Simon,

We tried  fresh new installs on both Macs and Windows and we are not getting this issues.
It looks to me that your LCM did not get all the necessary updates.
Can you go to the folder location -> spicekit -> log and send the log to us?

Hi Jason, many thanks for your answer (even during the weekend..., that's an improvement)

Please find attached the requested file

Note1: I'm on macOS  Mojave Version 10.14.5
Note2: I've tried again this morning and everything looks the same
Note3: I've turned-off my Mac and on again (just in case) and made no difference
Note4: I'm happy to let you into my computer as Efrain did in the past with the previous authorisation issue.

UPDATE: now changing the Region from San Francisco (which seems to came as a default) to New York let me in (yesterday I tried it but didn't work)

Looking forward for the next move, regards

Attached Files
.txt   log copy.txt (Size: 18.43 KB / Downloads: 4)
Livecloud Team are you ever going to comment on what happened? I really don't understand your attitude of not replying to clarify what happened and leave the subject open...
Hi Simon,

We noticed a bug in LCM that sometimes dirties the selected region after an update, that's why you were able to get in after you changed your region.
(07-25-2019, 05:39 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Simon,

We noticed a bug in LCM that sometimes dirties the selected region after an update, that's why you were able to get in after you changed your region.

Hi Efrain, thanks for clarifying...

Best!
(07-23-2019, 09:55 AM)simon.schvartzman Wrote: Livecloud Team are you ever going to comment on what happened? I really don't understand your attitude of not replying to clarify what happened and leave the subject open...

Hopefully, Efrain's response was useful to you. We have a shortlist of irritating but not dangerous bugs to work on in LCM. We have been addressing performance-related improvements over the last couple of weeks. We have done live updates on the servers to make these available to you as quickly as possible. As an example of what was improved was the cluster size of the records as they are stored to disk. We launched with a value of 1. We moved to a cluster size of 3. This will greatly speed up the save/write performance of the service.

We don't want anyone to feel ignored. We want you to know that we have been improving upon the service to make it great. The feedback we are getting from people that are building their next big project has been great. Finding the right balance between messaging things we are doing and writing the code need to make improvements can be tough. As a new service, we are focusing a bit more on the code right now. It is really nice to take a break and be available here.
Mark I understand your challenges but as a paying customer it doesn't feel good to be left, for days, without answers...

Even a short answer saying that is going to take X days to get an answer will be better than no answer at all...
Version 2.2.9 has been released. Enjoy!