• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V2.3.8 & Android problem
The following code works OK in iOS (returns "Cloud authentication passed") but never gets to the "answer" line when running on Android (6.0)

on mouseUp
   initializeCanelaDB
   wait 1 seconds -- give some time to become stable
   if cdb_checkInternetStatus() is true then
      put cdb_auth("myemail","mypassword","user") into aux
      answer cdb_result("response")
   end if
end mouseUp
Help please!
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
Hi Simon,

After some testing, I believe the current libraries might not be working as expected on Android. I need to do a bit more testing before I confirm this. Is this the first time you test this code on Android? Have you used any version of the libraries on Android? Any information you can provide will be helpful.
(11-26-2019, 07:48 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Simon,

After some testing, I believe the current libraries might not be working as expected on Android. I need to do a bit more testing before I confirm this. Is this the first time you test this code on Android? Have you used any version of the libraries on Android? Any information you can provide will be helpful.

Hi Efrain, I have an App available on the Google Play store, with more than 100 downloads, working fine (except for the known performance problems which are independent of the platform) with the previous release of LiveCloud...

I made no changes to the LiveCloud code of my App, meaning I'd bet the problem is indeed related with the current library on the Android platform.
Hi Simon,

What version of Livecode are you using? Is it the same version you used for the app that's currently on the play store?
(11-27-2019, 07:01 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Simon,

What version of Livecode are you using? Is it the same version you used for the app that's currently on the play store?

Hi Efrain, I'm using Livecode 9.5.0 and yes it is the same version used for the app that is currently on the play store.

I've tried using Livecode 9.5.1 (rc 1) and there is no change.
In my testing I found that get URL does not work on Android. I tested using 9.0.5, 9.5.0, and 9.6.0; however, I''m not sure if this is an issue with the libraries or an issue on Livecode's side because you were able to use the libraries before on the same version. We will need to look into this more and file a bug report with Livecode if necessary.

If possible, can you try something for me on your end? Can you build an Android app with the following lines in a button:

on mouseUp
get url "https://www.google.com"
answer it
end mouseUp

On desktop, it work as expected, but "it" is empty on Android.
(11-27-2019, 08:41 PM)efrain.c Wrote: In my testing I found that get URL does not work on Android. I tested using 9.0.5, 9.5.0, and 9.6.0; however, I''m not sure if this is an issue with the libraries or an issue on Livecode's side because you were able to use the libraries before on the same version. We will need to look into this more and file a bug report with Livecode if necessary.

If possible, can you try something for me on your end? Can you build an Android app with the following lines in a button:

on mouseUp
   get url "https://www.google.com"
   answer it
end mouseUp

On desktop, it work as expected, but "it" is empty on Android.
Hi Efrain, it works fine for me (see screenshoot attached), using LC 9.5.1 (rc 1) and installed on a Motorola with Android 6.0.

BTW you never told me if you were able to reproduce the problem as originally described. Were you?

Best!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I was able to reproduce your original problem. The code never got to the answer cdb_result("response"). I found that a get URL call used in the cdb_auth routine returned empty instead of the expected result. This is why I originally thought get URL was the issue, but I don't think this is true since it worked for you. Thank you for your help.
(11-27-2019, 09:01 PM)efrain.c Wrote: I was able to reproduce your original problem. The code never got to the answer cdb_result("response"). I found that a get URL call used in the cdb_auth routine returned empty instead of the expected result. This is why I originally thought get URL was the issue, but I don't think this is true since it worked for you. Thank you for your help.

Efrain, thanks for clarifying.

It seems the last time I tried the original problem Android generated a bug report. 

I say "it seems" because I tried again an no bug report was generated this time....anyway the report may be helpful for you and I can forward it to you by email because it is too large to be attached here. Just let me know. 

Best!
Hi Efrain, bad news (but maybe good news in order to help fixing the problem). When I posted the problem saying it was working OK on iOS I was testing on the Simulator (iPhone 6s iOS 12.1)

Today I installed on a physical device (iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.3 and the problem is worst...the App crashes (is closed) when reaching the authentication function "put cdb_auth("myemail","mypassword","user") into aux"

Looking forward for a quick fix (or workaround)