• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Verification
(02-02-2020, 08:11 PM)mkakeshyft_tom Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 07:36 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi mkakeshyft_tom,

I was not able to make the verification email fail. It might be an issue with your config file. Can you try putting a get cdb_sdk(pProjectName) before the cdb_createUserAccount? If it still doesn't work, you can email me (support@canelasoftware.com) the projectID of the project and I can check some things server-side.

Hi Efrain,

So when I add a call to the sdk I get a "handler not found"

screens attached.  without the sdk line, the account is successful but still no verification email.

(02-02-2020, 08:11 PM)mkakeshyft_tom Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 07:36 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi mkakeshyft_tom,

I was not able to make the verification email fail. It might be an issue with your config file. Can you try putting a get cdb_sdk(pProjectName) before the cdb_createUserAccount? If it still doesn't work, you can email me (support@canelasoftware.com) the projectID of the project and I can check some things server-side.

Hi Efrain,

So when I add a call to the sdk I get a "handler not found"

screens attached.  without the sdk line, the account is successful but still no verification email.

ok, so when I put "get"  infront of the SDK command it works....

but still no email.  I will message support

Hi Tom,

cdb_sdk is a function so it needs to be called in one of the following ways:

get cdb_sdk(pProjectName)

or 

put cdb_sdk(pProjectName) into tVariable

I'll get back to you in support once I find more. I'll let you know if I have any questions.
(02-03-2020, 09:45 AM)Bizbuzz Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 07:02 PM)Bizbuzz Wrote: Hi, OK, so now it works again. 

And finally e-mail template change also works! At least for the new test project I just made.

What's not working still is the landing page? I can see that the landing page link I "uploaded" from "manage emails" appears in the verification link in the verification email like:

https://www.lon2.cassiadb.com/version_.3...&token=ed2...[lots of stuff]...g5&c=test&lp=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mylandingpage.com

However the field "lp=" doesn't seem to have any effect at all. And I tried to change the value in different ways without success.

I suppose that "lp" field should change the "BACK TO" button link?  

Br /John

Hi again,

I just wanted to add that new e-mail template does not work for my old project where I really need it...

Should I try to clone the project in LiveCloud manager ?

Hi John,

I will look into the landing page issue.

Can you try re-exporting your toolkit for the old project? Your email preferences are stored in the config file. You can make your app aware of these changes in one of two ways:

1. re-export your toolkit so your app has the current config

or 

2. use "get cdb_sdk(pProjectName)" in your app on startup so your app downloads the current config
Hi John,

I confirmed that the custom landing page is not being observed in the London region. I will update you when this has been resolved.
Custom landing pages are now working in the London region. Give it a try when you get a chance. Let me know if you run into any issues.
(02-03-2020, 05:57 PM)efrain.c Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 09:45 AM)Bizbuzz Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 07:02 PM)Bizbuzz Wrote: Hi, OK, so now it works again. 

And finally e-mail template change also works! At least for the new test project I just made.

What's not working still is the landing page? I can see that the landing page link I "uploaded" from "manage emails" appears in the verification link in the verification email like:

https://www.lon2.cassiadb.com/version_.3...&token=ed2...[lots of stuff]...g5&c=test&lp=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mylandingpage.com

However the field "lp=" doesn't seem to have any effect at all. And I tried to change the value in different ways without success.

I suppose that "lp" field should change the "BACK TO" button link?  

Br /John

Hi again,

I just wanted to add that new e-mail template does not work for my old project where I really need it...

Should I try to clone the project in LiveCloud manager ?

Hi John,

I will look into the landing page issue.

Can you try re-exporting your toolkit for the old project? Your email preferences are stored in the config file. You can make your app aware of these changes in one of two ways:

1. re-export your toolkit so your app has the current config

or 

2. use "get cdb_sdk(pProjectName)" in your app on startup so your app downloads the current config

Hi! Yes. Tested both several times. And checked the datetime of the config file and it’s always the latest export...
Can you give it a try now? I found some issues yesterday and pushed the fixes throughout all the regions. The email system seems to be working fine now. Let me know if you run into any issues.
(02-04-2020, 07:02 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Can you give it a try now? I found some issues yesterday and pushed the fixes throughout all the regions. The email system seems to be working fine now. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Hi! Sorry for late reply. 

OK, so for new project email template works, and landing page (London) almost works :Smile land at http//www.c.... instead of http://www.c...

For my old project no changes of template or landing page are done.

If I try cloning a project, what does the cloning do ? what changes and what is kept?
Hi Bizbuzz,

Can you send me the projectID of the new project and the old project to support@canelasoftware.com. We believe the cached config on the cloud for the old project is not being updated.

Cloning a project creates a new project along with new tables. All the data from the original project is copied over to the new tables in the new project. The new project has a new projectID. The new tables have new tableIDs. All records copied over maintain their original recordID.
(02-10-2020, 07:48 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Bizbuzz,

Can you send me the projectID of the new project and the old project to support@canelasoftware.com. We believe the cached config on the cloud for the old project is not being updated.

Cloning a project creates a new project along with new tables. All the data from the original project is copied over to the new tables in the new project. The new project has a new projectID. The new tables have new tableIDs. All records copied over maintain their original recordID.

Hi! Yes I would if I could, but server seems to be down! Can't login from LiveCloud Manager or my apps... 

Did you fix the landing page bug. a ":" is missing in the link...
(02-10-2020, 09:13 PM)Bizbuzz Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 07:48 PM)efrain.c Wrote: Hi Bizbuzz,

Hi! Yes I would if I could, but server seems to be down! Can't login from LiveCloud Manager or my apps... 

Did you fix the landing page bug. a ":" is missing in the link...

We had pushed an update and forced a reboot on some of the Accounts instances. You should be able to access your account again.