Hi team, after:
  •   upgrading to V2.3.4
  •   exporting the Toolkit 
  •   copying the initialization snippet to my stack
  •   closing LC
when I reload the stack I get

The CanelaDB is missing...

and in the message box

Error: Could not decrypt config. Can not load CanelaDB libraries.

even though in the Project Browser I can see both libraries...

What am I doing wrong?
To ";" or not to ";" that is the question
I have exactly the same problem. After the last upgrade nothing works anymore. I've even tried creating a brand new project, and just open the included "login" stack, but still the only thing I ever get is an answer box saying "The CanelaDB SDK is missing. Please export your CanelaDB SDK again". And an error message in msg saying "Error: Could not decrypt config. Can not load CanelaDB libraries". (see screenshot attached)

Exporting the toolkit again has no effect.

This needs urgent attention from the LiveCloud team!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Three updates that may help our friends from LiveCloud to find out what's going on:

1 - A different App/stack, running on MacOS that is accessing exactly the same LCM Project runs without a problem.
2 - I have the original App/stack (the one presenting the problem) installed in one iPhone and one Android. The iPhone runs OK while the Android doesn't.
3 - When I export the "new" toolkit to my project the "database" folder is not exported. Just the "config" and "libraries" folder end up inside the "CanelaDB" folder
Hi Simon and WhenInSpace,

The initialization code snippet was modified in this update which has omitted the declaration of the global variable gCDBAuthKey. We will roll out a fix shortly. Meanwhile, a quick fix would be to declare the global variable gCDBAuthKey at the location where you place the initialization code. As a suggestion, I would recommend turning on Strict Compilation mode in the Livecode setting as it would help finding the similar issue very quickly.

-Jason
(08-29-2019, 07:08 PM)Jason Lam Wrote: Hi Simon and WhenInSpace,

The initialization code snippet was modified in this update which has omitted the declaration of the global variable gCDBAuthKey. We will roll out a fix shortly. Meanwhile, a quick fix would be to declare the global variable gCDBAuthKey at the location where you place the initialization code. As a suggestion, I would recommend turning on Strict Compilation mode in the Livecode setting as it would help finding the similar issue very quickly.

-Jason

Hi Jason, your suggestion was able to fix the problem for me. Looking forward for the new roll out.

p.s.: a little apology for the inconvenience would have been very nice and polite from your side.
OK, that fixed the problem for me too. Strict compilation mode would indeed have prevented this issue. For example at testing stage, before releasing a new LCM version to customers...  Dodgy
I am very sorry we delivered the initialization code without a declared global. We have a bug in the build system that custom creates this code for everyone.

The code snippet is derived from working code that has the declaration at the top of the script.

Our short term solution was to release the code with the declaration manually placed inside the handler for you. Our long term solution is to fix the issue in the build process.

We are working daily to make LiveCloud the shining jewel of 3rd party support for LiveCode developers around the world. Our attention to detail is relentless. Sometimes our humanity may get in the way. However, we strive to create the best experience possible.
Hello,

My LiveCloud Software is Up to date but over the past hours anytime I open my project I am told Canela DB SDK is missing. After exporting the tool kit and doing again it works but after some time Canela DB SDK is missing. How cann I be helped solved this I have read all the replies here my code is not affected by the replied

I keep getting this over and over and over how cann this be solved
(03-04-2020, 01:06 AM)Papa Cann Wrote: Hello,

My LiveCloud Software is Up to date but over the past hours anytime I open my project I am told Canela DB SDK is missing. After exporting the tool kit and doing again it works but after some time Canela DB SDK is missing. How cann I be helped solved this I have read all the replies here my code is not affected by the replied

Hi Emmanuel,

If you have modified your schema in any way like (adding, deleting, renaming keys) you will need to export your toolkit to your app in development. You can do this from LCM. Ensure you are referencing the AuthKey in your LiveCloud Init code that is provided to you during the export.
(03-04-2020, 01:06 AM)Papa Cann Wrote: Hello,

I ran into the same problem today, even after Exporting Toolkit again as directed. My issue ended up being that I already had some existing stack code that I didn't want to overwrite so I wasn't truly copy/pasting the LiveCloud code... just some of it. 

Somewhere during this process, the global gCDBAuthKey declaration got deleted so that value wasn't accessible to the helper stacks. So even though I included the pre-populated "put XXX into gCDBAuthKey" line of code, that variable was treated as local rather than global.

This thread helped point me in the right direction: I hope my experience can help someone else!